ShareThis

Monday 3 September 2012

A Fashion Front From the East...

I never get tired of talking to people about my travels of last summer, because I didn't just do any old trip, I did the mother of all trips: The Trans Siberian Railway. This mammoth journey began in Saint Petersburg, went on to Moscow and then up into the far reaches of Siberia, Mongolia and on into China. Epic is the best way to describe it.

So, imagine my delight when I found out that many of this season’s biggest labels have taken their design inspiration from the sights I experienced along the way.

Issa, which is new to us for A/W 2012 have gone all out with Russian opulence, using bold contrasting colours. I am in love with this print dress which depicts Moscow inspired skylines.



Issa A/W 2012
Image Courtesy of:
 http://bunnipunch.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/issa-london-london-fashion-week-aw-2012.html
 
 
 
 
Saint Basils, Moscow
 
 
 
 
Dries van Noten has been heavily inspired by all things chinoiserie, giving us full on dragon
prints in sumptuous silk.




Dries Van Noten A/W 2012
Image Courtesy of:
http://dfordot.com/
 
 
 
Dragon Images Taken in Beijing
 
 
Autumn/Winter is all about more is more. Jewell colours and brocades are going to be everywhere, so whether you want to turn like a Russian heiress or be as eye-catching as a Chinese dragon, there has never been a better time to look to the east for a fashion fix.



Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment